A pizza that all vegetarians and foodies will love. You will need: 1 Pizza Crust 2 cloves of garlic 2 scallions 1 yukon potato 2 small zucchinis 10 yellow cherry tomatoes 6 brussel sprouts Olive Oil Pink Salt Pizza Dough … Continue reading
When : April 21, 2012
Where : Native Foods Café, Chicago IL
- Daily soup : Moroccan lentils soup – Delicious, so much flavor that I wanted another bowl.
- Veggies wrap : Avocado, alfalfa sprouts, carrots, broccoli, …. and so much more veggies. I had ranch on a side as the waitress advised me to do. The result is remarkable : a delicious wrap with a ton of veggies to make you feel super healthy.
- Watermelon Fresca : Made-from-scratch daily from Chef’s original recipes! It was good but next time I want the Lavender lemonade!
I was in Chicago for citizen duty reason. I was going to stay for 6 hours so my plan was 1) a great Lunch; 2) shopping. I was so happy with my food experience.
Walk into Native Foods Café and you will be absorbed into a colorful refreshing ambiance. The service is super friendly and they care about their customer. All of the items are Made-from-scratch and fresh produce. To me, the kind of cuisine that we should find everywhere. Go to Native Foods café your body will thank you!
They have multiple locations in California, Colorado and Illinois. Maybe soon near you!
Native Foods Café ; Chicago Loop
218 South Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60604
Mon-Fri: 10:30am – 8pm
Sat: 10:30am – 4pm
The b.a.l.t —- “A” for avocado! Continue reading
When : February 18/19, 2012
Where : Home
- Saturday – Rabbit and Polenta and an apple/almonds cake for dessert: White wine sauce for the rabbit and very cheesy for the polenta! Extra (Yes you read right Rabbit. It’s very good, doesn’t have a heavy or strong taste.)
- Sunday – Spinach salad by Mi amor and Spicy Almonds by me : Matt made a spinach/sun dry tomatoes/goat cheese salad and warm up a French baguette, I toasted some almonds with jalapeños, garlic and rosemary!
The “rabbit” because I love it. I am not a huge fan of meat but I love rabbit. I found one butcher in Indy (lekincaidmeats.com) who had one whole rabbit. My sister is an amazing cook and when we were in France she cooked us rabbit and polenta. Matt loved it so much that I wanted to try to make the same. The result is that : My sister is an amazingly better cook than me but my dinner was pretty good too.
Mi amor wanted to prepare dinner on Sunday night (and also wants to make it to the blog with his cooking 😉 I made the “almond snack” because it was National Almond Day on Thursday !
A healthy simple lunch at Corner Wine Bar! Continue reading