When: June 22, 2012 Where: Noblesville, IN What: A salad made of tomato, mozzarella and basil. Made on the parking lot of the concert. Very good time. People from everywhere were on the parking lot drinking eating snacks! Why: We … Continue reading
At home I have the chance to have a husband who makes breakfast! Nothing to add 😉
Wine, wine, wine and a little excellent food Continue reading
A Indianapolis best restaurant experience!!! Continue reading
When: May 19, 2012 Where: Sakura, (Keystone) Indianapolis, IN What: Bob’s roll ASPARAGUS TEMPURA, SMOKED SALMON, AND SPICY SAUCE Hoosier roll TUNA, AVOCADO, AND SPICY SAUCE Tuna roll Why: Everyone recommended this place for Japanese food. We had a marvelous … Continue reading
When : May 12, 2012
Where : Broad Ripple Farmers Market
- Crêpes from “3 Days in Paris” :
- Red eggs Bacon : Roasted red pepper sauce, egg, spinach, bacon, havarti – wonderful!
- BLT : Bacon, Spinach, sun-dried tomatoes and Jack cheese – a little dry.
It was a beautiful morning and we wanted to ride our bikes to Broad Ripple on the monon. We had a beautiful ride and felt a little bit hungry so we stopped by the market. Loved it! Mi amor loves loves crêpes so we bought two from 3 Days in Paris – check them out : www.marketfreshcrepes.com/3_Days_in_Paris
My little quinoa pancakes – great idea for your gluten-free friends! Continue reading
When : April 21, 2012
Where : Native Foods Café, Chicago IL
- Daily soup : Moroccan lentils soup – Delicious, so much flavor that I wanted another bowl.
- Veggies wrap : Avocado, alfalfa sprouts, carrots, broccoli, …. and so much more veggies. I had ranch on a side as the waitress advised me to do. The result is remarkable : a delicious wrap with a ton of veggies to make you feel super healthy.
- Watermelon Fresca : Made-from-scratch daily from Chef’s original recipes! It was good but next time I want the Lavender lemonade!
I was in Chicago for citizen duty reason. I was going to stay for 6 hours so my plan was 1) a great Lunch; 2) shopping. I was so happy with my food experience.
Walk into Native Foods Café and you will be absorbed into a colorful refreshing ambiance. The service is super friendly and they care about their customer. All of the items are Made-from-scratch and fresh produce. To me, the kind of cuisine that we should find everywhere. Go to Native Foods café your body will thank you!
They have multiple locations in California, Colorado and Illinois. Maybe soon near you!
Native Foods Café ; Chicago Loop
218 South Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60604
Mon-Fri: 10:30am – 8pm
Sat: 10:30am – 4pm
When : May 6, 2012
Where : home
- Summer salad : romain lettuce with tomatoes, basil, scallions, Swiss cheese. Dressing : olive oil and lemon juice ! Fresh arômes!
- Salmon : ginger mustard salmon ! secret recipe of mi amor – delicious!
- Sautéed Spinach : spinach, pistachios, rosemary, salt.
Well we wanted a healthy dinner! It was very healthy and very good. We had some Châteauneuf du Pape. This is my favorite wine of all time. Why ? Because it has an amazing taste and a great story or should I say history.
We talked about this wine. I explained to mi amor the reason why this wine is so good. This is a very complex wine. It’s a combination of History and Geography.
So It grows on a particularly soils. 3 different kind of soils but one in particular is interesting. The characteristic comes from the “galets”. Smoothed by the Rhône river these rocks release at night the heat they absorb during the day and protect the soil of the vines during dry summers. The mistral is a wind that helps to keep a dry climate and the sun shines a lot in this area!
1308 – Pope Clément V decided to relocate the papacy to the town of Avignon. He was one of the first wine producers in Châteauneuf. Wine lover he planted more vines around the papacy. Most of the vineyards in France belong at this time to the clergy and the nobles who know how to take care of the vines and make wine. The French Revolution put an end to their properties. Every vineyard was divided into small ones. A business starts where the quality of wine is not as good as it was. Except in Châteauneuf! The wine from there was famous and the vineyard owners pay attention to the quality of their wine!
This wine has a special complex taste because its vines have an history that they draw from the land they grown on!
Have a glass!
Il ne faut jamais se priver des bonnes choses!
When : May 5th
Where : café Patachou (49th), Indianapolis
• Omelet of the day : bacon, cheddar cheese, potatoes, guacamole – a great omelet (he regrets still not picking this one;-) )
Post mini marathon we need to eat. Patachou is one of the best address in Indy. The place that everyone loves, recommends, wants to go and have lunch. Again there is do much light at this location, it’s very enjoyable to eat there. My omelet was delicious! The sourdough toast are memorable!