Em’ Summery quiche
(made tonight without notes so if I notice when I make it again any mistake I will update the recipe)
Yield: 6 people
For the Dough
- 150g unbleached all-purpose flour
- some salt
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 egg
For the Filling
- 1 zucchini, cut in small cubes
- 1 small onion in small cubes
- 1/4 cup dun-dried tomatoes slices in small pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolks
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup of sun-dried tomato spread – mix together 1/3cup pine nuts + 1/3 sun-dried tomatoes (with a little of oil) + 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 ounces Parmesan cheese grated (1/2 cup)
- a “chiffonade” of basil 1 Tbsp
FOR THE DOUGH
Mix flour, salt in a medium bowl. Add butter pieces over flour mixture and mix it with your hands. Add olive oil and water. Continue to mix the dough with your hands and create a bowl. Roll dough on lightly floured work surface or between two sheets plastic wrap. Put the dough into a pie pan.
Spread some beaten egg on top with a brush.
Put the dough in the fridge for 10 minutes. Oven 350°F.
Once the oven is ready put the pie pan in the oven for about 20 minutes.
FOR THE FILLING
Put onions with a little of oil in a skillet. Cooked them until tender. Add zucchini in skillet over medium heat about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk all remaining ingredients except cheese and basil in medium bowl. Add the cheese and the basil.
Spread zucchini and sun-dried tomatoes evenly over bottom of pie and set it on a side. Pour in custard mixture. Bake until lightly golden brown and a knife blade inserted about one inch from the edge comes out clean. about 45/50 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Excellent with a salad!