Thee delicateness of the food is incredible at Recess Continue reading
Part 2 of the culinary Philadelphia experience ! Continue reading
When : April 4, 2012
Where : Sabrina’s cafè, Philadelphia
- Tofu scramble :Spicy tofu, sauteed onions, bell peppers, spinach, mushrooms, garlic and shallots! Order this if you go their – it is amazing! So much flavor and so healthy!!!
- Grilled vegetable sandwich : Great! The side is coleslaw and your choice of fries – normal or parmesan or sweet potatoes fried! We had the parmesan and sweet potatoes – again Fantastic food!
I couldn’t decide because the menu is full of great option! So mi amor decided for us – after all I picked the place! I will go back their when I go to Philadelphia – do the same! It’s affordable!
Because of the Unpaid Gourmet girl and her post : http://unpaidgourmet.wordpress.com/2011/04/03/stay-simple-at-sabrinas/#comment-481
Highly recommended! I don’t know how are the other places they have but I am sure that the food is as good!
SABRINA’S CAFÈ @ POWELTON
34th & Powelton
Philadelphia, PA 19104
When : April 3, 2012
Where : l’Enfant cafe, Washington DC
- House salad : L’Enfant salad – with tomatoes, pine nuts, lettuce… so fresh, exactly what I wanted!
- Spinach soufflé crêpe with gruyère – “this is f…. amazing!” said mi amor after the first bite… It was very tasty and I like it too.
- Goat cheese tart – bacon, goat cheese and fig – “fantastic”
- Amaretto/almond crêpe : dessert with crêpe can’t go wrong!
- Coco rhum / coconut crêpe – was good but I preferred the amaretto/almond one
Everything was very good! Of course mi amor loved it because of the crêpes. I know what to do to make him happy : make crêpes everyday – he will be the happier man in the entire world!
I would recommend this place, particularly on a nice day : seat outside! The patio is very nice. They have table that you find in Parisian café. The food is simple and delicious. You won’t be disappointed. Our waiter was great, he spoke French which I loved.
I wanted a nice place recommended and we went there for their happy hour!
2000 18th Street, Northwest
Washington, DC 20009
When: April 2, 2012
Where: Rice bar, DC
•Tofu Bibimbap: Bean sprout, carrot, gobinamul, spinach, shitake, mushroom, radish salad, tofu : my hubby thought it was fantastic!
• salmon avocado roll; spicy tuna roll: sushi – I am far from being an expert about sushi so I will say that it was very good in my opinion!
Why: Our friend picked the place. He works not very far from there and lived in south Korea for a year so he knows better than us how to pick a Korean restaurant!
Healthy, Asian, good, outside, good atmosphere inside! Recommended by Em
1020 19th St NW
A true culinary adventure! A must to do in DC Continue reading