My grandfather was a chef, my mum is a excellent cook, my dad is a very good cook too. That’s why my sister is incredible in the kitchen. However she doesn’t like to bake! And I love it!
I have a list of inevitable dessert that I love to make because : 1. I am sure about the result; 2. People love it and instantly ask for the recipe or for me to bake it for the next event they have.
Emeline ‘s Inevitable desserts:
- Tarte Tatin à la pomme
- Tarte au citron meringué
- Mousse au chocolat
- Piña colada Ice cream (when I have the icecream maker)
However I am always looking for new dessert to try. I recently gave a try to the recipe of “Marissa Better than Sex cake”.
BUT – because I love to spent time in the kitchen and I don’t like process food I had to be creative for some of the ingredients like the yellow cake mix, or the instant vanilla pudding…. Believe me it’s easy!
So here we go :
- 300g flour
- 100g sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup of milk
- Vanilla pudding (if I remember well ;-)) :
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cream
- 2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Mix sugar, salt, and cornstarch in a saucepan.
- Whisk in cream, milk, and egg yolks, Cook over medium high heat, stirring constantly for 3-5 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and butter. Whisk until butter is melted.
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Make the vanilla pudding.
- In a big bowl, mix flour, sugar,baking powder, vanilla pudding, eggs, cream, oil, milk and wine. Mix well, then stir in chopped chocolate. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Allow to cool in the pan. After cake has cooled completely, you can dust lightly with confectioners’ sugar if you want.