An homemade recipe inspired by several oranges/carrots soup recipes! It is amazing! Try it!
450 grams of carrots
2 potatoes (about 400 grams)
2 sweet peppers (smalls)
2 minneola tangelos (surprise 2 were red inside) + 1/2 tangelo juice for the end
1 red onion
2 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon of ginger powder
3 tbsp. tablespoons olive oil
½ liter of homemade vegetable stock (made a couple of weeks ago and frozen for me)
30 cl of coconut milk
Salt and pepper
- Peel the carrots and potatoes, then wash them. Cut into small cubes and dice the potatoes.Slice the onion, sweet peppers and garlic. Wash two tangelos (the red ones for me) and then draw off the zest of a tangelos. Squeeze the tangelos and set aside.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil.
- Cook on low heat onion, garlic, sweet peper and ginger for 5 minutes.
- Add the diced carrots, potatoes and orange zest and mix well.
- Add orange juice and broth. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 40 minutes (test if you vegetable are tender).
- Mix with a hand mixer.
- Add the coconut milk and the juice of an half tangelos and mix again until very smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a little bit over low heat and serve.